After School Homework Club
In St. Gabriel’s we have two after school homework clubs, one run by our School Completion Programme (SCP) and one run by our Pre-School.
Our After-school services provide a supervised supportive space for children to complete homework in addition to fun-filled activities such as arts and crafts.
- 1.30-2.30 (JNR and SNR Infants)
- 2.30-3.30 (1st-6th class)
Homework Policy – St Gabriel’s Pre-School service
It is the policy of the St Gabriel’s Pre-School to provide a period of time each day for homework in the after-school homework and activity club.
- Each child will get sufficient time to do their homework.
- Staff will contribute to a quiet relaxed atmosphere during homework sessions and encourage children to do the same. They are there to help children with their homework, however staff will not be responsible for signing children’s homework as it is very important that parents check their own child’s homework.
- The After-School Service recognises the importance of the parent’s role in homework support and encourages them to check work completed, hear reading again etc. and play an active role in the homework supervision and support of their child.
Fees: We have a tiered fee policy based on the childcare subvention scheme, this is reviewed yearly & displayed on the parent’s notice board.